Project Details: Spaceport
A spaceport complex, done as a series of releases. This project is a consolidation of several supporter requests made during the development of the VT-3 Pinzgauer.
- Series I: Spaceport vehicles. This will contain the vehicles and prop elements you would expect to see in a spaceport. Done separately so they can be used with any existing tiles or scenery you already have.
- Series II: Spaceport structures. Focus will be on appropriately themed structures like terminals, control towers, hangars, utility buildings, and so forth.
Series I Planned Content
Aircraft tug: Large, low-slung, heavy 4-wheeled towing vehicle.Done! Tow bar: Allows the tug to handle wheeled spacecraft.Done! Ground handling unit: Allows the tug to handle spacecraft that have landing skids or feet instead of wheels.Done! Runabout: Small car for security patrols, customs, and admin use.Done!
- Pickup truck: 4×4 open bed pickup truck with options for standard or crew cab.
- SUV: Variant of the pickup truck with a SUV body.
- Pickup truck options: Open and enclosed utility beds, bucket lift, bed shell, duallie wheels.
- Heavy truck: Large 6-wheeled truck chassis.
- Heavy truck options: Refueling vehicle, catering truck, de-icing truck, snowplow.
- Van: People carrier/cargo carrier with various chassis options.
- Maintenance/servicing platform: Scissorlift platform, about 3-4 inches tall.
- Rolling stairs: For boarding spacecraft on the ground.
- 30T cargo handler: Low-slung, wide, driver’s cab on one side, load bed with conveyor belt, feeds palletized or containerized cargo.
- Cargo containers: 3 sizes. Short, medium, and long. 1 long = 2 mediums, 1 medium = 2 shorts. Multiple liveries.
- Firefighting vehicle: Wheeled airport-style crash tender.
- Mobile lounge: Enclosed crew/passenger transfer vehicle with flex-collar coupling and scissorlift platform.
- Support carts and tractor: Baggage carts, air conditioning units, auxiliary power units, and a little tractor to tow them around.
Series II Planned Content
-to be determined-
Click here to view the Workbench history for this project.